Monday, August 8, 2016

5 Days Post Op

Remember on my last post that I was starting to get some feeling back and I was a tad nervous about that?! Yeaaaaa, about that. I went to sleep and woke up around 3 am with excruciating pain. My parents heard my whimpers and promptly gave me a good dose of my pain meds.  It took a few for those to kick in, but they did and I was able to go back to sleep. I guess it's from things waking up; however, the doctor just said to stay on meds to keep that from happening this week.

Fast forward to the morning, I woke up and showered (which I've been doing every day and I highly encourage bc it makes you feel better and somewhat productive). I had some family coming over to visit me. I spent some time with them, but I tired quickly and went to my room to sleep. Not to mention, I still look kinda like Quasimodo so I think my appearance was tripping them out. 🐰🐰

This afternoon I had my second PostOp. I actually was so excited to just get out of the house that I forgot what was going to take place at the appointment. Today they took my stitch out on my check (which was easy peazy) and they also suctioned my nose. Holy SHIT!! That shit hurt!! He told me that it would not be the most pleasant experience of my life and that was a massive understatement. Luckily it was really quick!! As soon as it was done, I was able to breathe like a champ. So, even tho it sucked, I'd still do it again no question. But, I clench up just thinking about that possibility :0

They also did X-rays today at the PostOp. I'm posting a before and after and I've highlighted in red my air passage. It really is amazing how much the airway has opened up. Like how did I function before this? It really is crazy everytime I look at it.

Let's see...what else. Oh, two of my friends came over to hang with me while my parents went to dinner. It was so nice to have them here and just chill. Besides texting people, there isn't much social interaction; so, having some visitors is nice change of pace :) And, I'm sure my parents like getting the F out of the house to not do any nurse related errands.

That's about it. No set plans for tomorrow. Hoping I don't have a repeat of last night....pretty sure I won't. #positivevibes
Check out my airway!! 

- Ash #doublejaw #breatheeasy


No comments:

Post a Comment