Saturday, August 6, 2016

3 Day Post OP

I definitely woke up on the wrong side of my recliner (see what I did there?) I went to bed last night around 8:30 and took my last pain med then. I then woke up at 6:30 coughing clots and feeling pretty uncomfortable. I dealt with coughing the clots out. SOOO Gross!! And, I still have a suctioning device here that the nurse left for me and it has been very handy in times like this. Because it gets scary when they get stuck!!! I immediately took my pain meds and started to calm down. I made the mistake again of not staying on top of my meds. 10 hours is way too long to go for me without any meds. So, we're going to keep on more of a schedule with them and, if i'm not in any pain, I might just take half of one. Also, I'm going to make a point to set my alarm in the middle of the night to get up and walk for a minute. I think that will help break up congestion.

Let's see what else. I've been extremely bored. I don't have enough energy to actually do anything; so, it's a catch 22. I haven't even really been able to focus on a movie, book or tv bc I just nod off. And, by the time I am ready to do something, it's time to try to eat or drink. Basically, I'm like a baby at this point. I'm drinking from a bottle and I sleep, drink, eat and Drool. And, repeat. 

Today the swelling is the most pronounced. It has moved to my cheeks and neck. A lil bruising is showing up, but not much yet. He said to expect some on my neck. It's like the bad Jaw Santa comes every am, and I see what he left me...swollen cheeks, swollen lips, bruising, etc. For some reason, it's kinda entertaining to see what your body does during the healing process. 

Tonight, my mom whipped up a potato, kale and leek soup that was pureed for my handy bottle. It was pretty tasty, but she couldn't convince my Dad to try it so they ordered Thai Food, from my fave place. Bastards! j/k I'd totally do the same and they deserve it considering they're taking care of this princess patient :)-

#jawproblems #doublejawrecovery #droollife #swolleneverything #badsanta
Does my ponytail make my face look fat?! lol

Where does my face end and neck start

Cocktail Hour!





No comments:

Post a Comment