Friday, August 12, 2016

8 Days Post Op

Ok, this post is late bc I was a busy lil bunny yesterday and then passed out!!

So, yesterday I had 3 doctors appointments. #1 was Dr. Adams, my ortho, for a post op visit to check out how my bite was looking after surgery. #2 was with Dr. Lee, a GP, to check out my cough and rule out pneumonia. #3 was with Dr. Sherry, to change my elastics and to just see how I was doing. 

Dr. Adams said he likes how everything was looking and said I was in great shape for only being just a week out. Every time someone tells me that, I want to believe them; but, when your whole face is swollen and numb, you have your own language of talking and eating only liquids, I feel like there's a rolling eye emoji sitting on my shoulder laughing. 

Next stop was Dr. Lee. My favorite part about this visit was her face while she was examining me. She looked like she was in so much pain just looking at me. And, she was doing that weird imitation thing some people do when they are uncomfortable. Like barely opening her mouth, holding on to her cheeks, etc. LOL  She wanted to look inside my mouth and I told her I could open it, but not very far. When I started to open it, it looked like she was going to pass out. She told me to stop and she didn't need to see. I don't know what she thought was in there (maybe a dragon?!) or what was going to happen, but it was pretty fucking funny. Anyways, the final verdict was she thought my lungs were okay, but she thought I had some kind of infection; so, she prescribed me Augmentin. 

Last Doctor stop, was Dr. Sherry. On the way there, my mom and I were hungry. We decided to find a smoothie place. This would be a good test. This was the first time me ordering/trying to eat outside the house. We ordered the smoothie with quite possibly every supplement they offered. Think it was a $15 smoothie. The tricky part was splitting the smoothie. I am still drinking out of the bottles bc I haven't got the hang of straws. So, getting the smoothie in there was a complete mess and they were looking at us like we were insane. The smoothie girls kept on saying here let me give you a better cup and I kept on mumbling I needed my bottle. Which probably sounded like my BA BA. Meanwhile, my mom has smoothie all over the counter, the floor, her hands...while I'm drooling. I kept on thinking to myself, oh my god, abort mission! abort mission! It was a total shit show!!! We did it though, but left a trail of destruction there with no guilt bc we were just proud of ourselves for ordering a damn smoothie, splitting it and getting it into my bottle without any real casualties. :/


Having a full stomach, may have contributed to why I was in a WAY better mood seeing Dr. Sherry this visit then the day (oh, and I felt wayyyy better too LOL).  I think he was happy he was getting happy Ashley and not cranky Ashley. Totally get it. Cranky Ashley even scares regular Ashley (yes, I know I'm referring to myself in the 3rd person, just go with it). Anyways, Dr. Sherry changed my elastics, said everything else looked good. He seemed to think my lymph nodes were swollen because of the surgery. And, he said the roof of my mouth should heal up fairly quickly. Fingers crossed on that one. For some reason, I have bad feeling about that opening. It's just really weird drinking water and the water coming out your nose like a faucet. He doesn't seem that concerned about it; so, I am not getting too worried about it...yet.

After this, my parents decided they were hungry and were going to go out. They were shocked when I said I wanted to go. I guess I'm just missing seeing people so I went with. We went to Mico Cina. They started ordering Mambo Taxis (very potent margaritas) and I started to get very jealous. So, I decided to order a non alcoholic margarita. We decided it would be funny to text Dr. Sherry and show him a picture of me drinking what looked like a real margarita. You have to look at the actual text below to appreciate it LOL.
This is what happens when doctors give me their cell phone number :)

Once we got home, I passed OUT! Which is why this post didn't go up yesterday :0 Here are my face pics of the day....
I mean did the day whip my ass or what?! #mascaraeverywhere

Still not sure about the chubby neck/cheek situation....

- Ash #doublejawsurgery #mocktails #crankyashley #allthesupplementsplease

No comments:

Post a Comment